Loop and Sample Mangling, Glitching, Randomizing
Includes 75 free loops from Perimeter Sound Arts!
Disturbance is primarily intended for the glitching/mangling of drum loops but it can also be useful with melodic material, vocals, and pretty much anything else you want to get glitchy with.
Disturbance is similar to a slicer, but a bit different. It works by chopping up a loop into 64 equal parts (no beat detection), then sequencing their playback, and each slice in Disturbance has its own loop point.
In addition to offering several playback order options, Disturbance also offers sequenced filtering, distortion, pitch shifting, and slice length adjustment...as well as various playback randomizations, dual delays, and non-sequenced pitch shifting which can even be set to track MIDI note input, allowing you to turn anything you feed into Disturbance into a synth oscillator.
Disturbance can be used to create subtle or standard variations and effects, or it can warp your source material into something completely new. You can even adjust the start and end points of the sequencer to help you create odd time signature loops.
Additionally, you can even turn off the clock and use your Modulation wheel (CC1) to move forwards and backwards through the loop, almost like a wavetable.
- Slice length reduction
- Filter cutoff (low or high pass filtering)
- Pitch shifting
- Dirt (distortion + downsampling + filtering)
- Slice reverse
- Random slice
- 4 sequencer direction options
- Mod wheel control over playback
- Sequencer jitter effect
- Host BPM sync or internal clock
- Sequencer start/end point adjustment
- Built in file browser
- Dual delay
- Velocity sensitivity
- Pitch Shifter with the option of fixed (non-sequenced) settings, MIDI note tracking, and portamento
- 32 example presets to get you started
- WAV file support
Buy Disturbance: $35
Buy The Big Bundle and get Ironhead, Spawn, Tunguska, M-theory, Dualism, Disturbance, and Metallurgy. Get 19 plug-ins for only $125!
Try before you buy! Download the demo and see if you like it.
Demo limitation: occasional volume drops.
- Windows OS
- Support for 32-bit plug-ins
- VST compatible host
- Moderately quick processor
- Electricity and speakers might be handy too
Copy Protection: None!
I prefer to not annoy my customers with ineffective and intrusive copy protection methods that would still get cracked and that warez users never see anyway. Instead I'd rather that my customers enjoy a more comfortable and easy installation experience. Therefore I have chosen to not use any copy protection at all, making installation a breeze. All you have to do is open the zip and drag/drop the folder within it to your VST directory.
That doesn't mean this is freeware or shareware, though. Please do not distribute your copy. If your friend wants a copy, encourage them to buy their own. I try to keep my prices low so that my software is affordable to the majority of computer musicians.
- Do not distribute my plug-ins or install them on other people’s computers. When you purchase one of my commercial plug-ins you are getting a single user license. If you know someone who might like this product, please encourage them to buy copy of their own. So feel free to spread the word about how great these plug-ins are, but just don’t spread the plug-ins themselves.
- Feel free to use the supplied presets in your songs - but just don't distribute samples created from of them. Those sounds are the creations of other people and it is not fair to them if you profit from reselling their work.
- You are using this software at your own risk. While I do what I can to prevent trouble, I claim no responsibility for damage to your hardware, software, income, reputation, sleep habits, hat size, or person should something go wrong.
- You may transfer your license if you wish, but you must arrange it with me first so the new owner can get tech support and updates.
Just open the zip, drag/drop the folder into your VST directory and you're done. That's it...no annoying installers, copy protection, or registration.
If you find that you are no longer getting much use out of your purchase, you can transfer your license to someone else. Just let me know the name and email address of who it is going to so that the new owner can receive updates and support.
Bugs - Disturbance
Multi-core processors + Multiple Instances
Unfortunately VSTs built with older versions of SynthEdit (such as this one) are not properly compatible with multi-core processors. Single instances work fine, but multiple instances can cause crashes in hosts that have multi-processor support activated. As time allows I will be working on updates to all my plug-ins using the latest version of SynthEdit, which will eliminate this bug.
In the meantime, there are a few workarounds for this issue.
1. Make additional copies of the dll for each extra instance you expect to need, and give each a new name. (eg: Disturbance2.dll, Disturbance3.dll, etc.) Hosts consider each an individual instance, and therefore do not run into the multiple instance conflict.
2. Freeze each instance before loading another one, especially if your host has an “unload while frozen” option.
3. Turn off multi-processing in your host. Of course this is the least desirable.
In some hosts, the sequencer may not reset properly - resulting in inconsistent start times during playback or rendering. I apologize for this and a fix will be included in the next update. For best results, start playback at the beginning of a bar with a little bit of pre-roll.
FL Studio Lag
FL Studio users may experience a lag between when you press play and when the sequencer starts. A lag also occurs when pressing the rewind button. This problem is caused by an incompatibility between this plug-in and the reset procedure FL runs every time you play/rewind.
To fix this problem:
1. Press the options button in FL studio (at the top of the screen)
2. Choose the Audio Settings from the drop down menu
3. Turn off “Reset plugins on transport"